[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4201: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4203: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4204: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4205: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The Land of Oz - View topic - HELP!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
HELP!! 

Post HELP!!
So....im using 1.4 and I get horrible lag when i use it. Some of my keys dont work, for example when I try to type { I get @. I also cant use the ` button either, nothing happens when i hit it. Im using windows7 and I've installed 1.40.655_sp1....help!!

Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm
The Angel of Death

Post Re: HELP!!
:think: try it without SP1, and add some fixes as ya go... ?

Fri May 06, 2011 7:31 am
Ecko's a noob

Unless your keyboard is bad, I have no idea why tribes itself would get your input characters mixed up like that..

Maybe switch to a good version like 1.11? =)

Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 am

Thats strange that you get horrible lag. I'm not sure about that.

I had that keyboard problem with 1.11 years ago. Its a keyboard driver problem. I'm not sure why you're only seeing it mess up in 1.4 though... Try reinstalling / updating keyboard drivers. Make sure you have the right ones.

Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks! When I get home I will play with it more

Fri May 06, 2011 12:54 pm
(=SK=) Anni Captain

Do you have a computer that runs Tribes in OpenGL? My shitty old computer I had to play in Software, it was far too laggy in OpenGL.

Never heard of the keyboard problem though..

I hope you get it working because 1.40 pwns 1.11 lol.

Fri May 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Yeah it can run open gl, it runs good and then it gets laggy for about a minute then it goes away and then comes back etc, etc. maybe the keyboard issue is cause I use a laptop?

Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 pm
Da Je$u$

wait during the lag have you watched your ping, cuz my wifes laptop i had to disable the windows zero config cuz it kept scanning for a better internet connection. I dont know if that might be your problem...

Fri May 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah my ping does go up, whats the zero config you speak of?

Fri May 06, 2011 3:41 pm

If the lag you experience is in 1.4 only, then it doesn't matter whatever Jesus or anyone else is referring to, you've already [nearly] pinpointed your problem.

Best solution, go back to 1.11! Or download a fresh version of 1.4 and see how that goes for you. The only way that 1.4 itself could have *anything* do do with your issues is if you messed something up trying to get your old 1.11 stuff over to 1.4.

How that would relate to network issues, I dno! 1.4 sets the packet rate and all that stuff automatically to what it ought to be,

Fri May 06, 2011 3:48 pm
Da Je$u$

Fri May 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah I've heard of the problem Jesus has described. Try that!

Fri May 06, 2011 7:27 pm
Da Je$u$

but after like an hour you got to renable it cuz it will lose its connection...

Fri May 06, 2011 8:33 pm
Crow{OZ}

1.4 will fps drop on some maps no matter what build you're using. It's not common, but it happens. No idea why yours is giving you these problems though.

Global Agenda\Tribes Ascend: CrowOZ - - - Tribes 1: Crow{OZ}

Fri May 06, 2011 9:19 pm
I like pi.

While 1.40 does lag on certain maps, it's usually only outside...

I you are inside, where you cannot see outside, your FPS should return to normal.

If this is true, vote to change the mission, and send a global message explaining that you want a new mission because this one is lagging your 1.40 config. Anyone else running 1.40 will likely vote yes. Those who are living in the past, like Antimatter, will likely vote no and try to convince you to go back to 1.11...

Fri May 06, 2011 11:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next